Class Exercise #1
9 Line Bio
1) Helen
2) Smiling, confident, unpretentious,
retired
3) Wife of Norman, mother of Nils,
Jody, Rick and Linda
Granny of Ben, Zach, Katelyn, Alex,
Conner, Eryn, Megan, Monty, Ethan, Kate and Erik
4) Lover of God, family, small children
5) Who feels blessed, independent,
serene
6) Who fears political unrest, poverty,
alienation
7) Who would like to see all families
“functional,” all children cherished, world peace
8) Resident of the Sandhills (actually
live in Alliance but the hills of my childhood live in me)
9) McConnell
I Look in the Mirror
I look in the mirror and what do I
see?
A friendly, laughing, white haired
woman looking back at me.
I'm really good at reading to children
and I love to read and write.
I spend lots of time planning my future
projects and can't wait for our trip in May to attend our
granddaughters' graduations.
I could improve my organizational
skills and houskeeping is hard for me but I know if I try. I'll be
the best I can be.
Emotions as Colors
Excitement is flashing neon green.
It sound like the Highland Fling.
It tastes like lemon meringue pie.
It smells like newly mown hay.
It feels like a throbbing, heart-pounding
race to the finish.
Serenity is pale blue green.
It sounds like the faint purr of a
kitten.
It tastes like ice cold watermelon.
It smells like sun dried sheets.
It feels like a gentle hug.
Apathy is lackluster gray.
It sounds like a monotonous low B
flat sounded repeatedly.
It
tastes like cold oatmeal.
It
smells like mud.
Apathy
feels like unconsciousness.
I Feel
I feel holy,
not head bowed, hands folded holy
not holier-than-thou holy
not pious in church holy
but HOLY
hands uplifted on the hilltop holy
loved, cleansed, accepted holy
shouting praises int the Creator's
cathedral holy!
I feel giddy
not end of the polka giddy
not tilt-a-whirl giddy
not second fuzzy navel giddy
but giddy like
full of excited anticipation giddy
full of “I can do this!” giddy
yelling “Let's GO!” giddy.
No comments:
Post a Comment