On Little Scraps of Paper

A place to share my writing

Class Exercise #6

Class exercises #6

Confession letter

Dear Danny Stump,

I don't where you are or what you are doing or have done but I do hope the year you spent in Alliance and attending St. Agnes Academy was not the worst year of your life. I'm sorry that my insecurities and shyness made me ill every month after that first class meeting as Eighth Grade President. You, as Vice President, had to run every other meeting of the year because I was scared sick.

I hope that you have retired as the president of a major construction company or something and that you benefited from your experience the one year you lived in Alliance.

Sincerely,


Epitaphs

She's off on one last caper,
And took not a single piece of paper.


Do not weep for me –
I'm dancing with rhythm and grace
In the heavenly procession.


Do not weep for me –
I'm singing on key
In the great chorus.


Gone to her heavenly reward –
Left her whole paper hoard.

No comments: